Adapting Blue Badge eligibility assessment to include Hidden Disabilities – Birmingham
Friday 5 July 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
In 2019 the DfT will issue updated criteria to extend eligibility for Blue Badges to people with hidden disabilities. These changes will increase demand for skilled healthcare professionals who can help determine eligibility for this vital service.
This course is designed for anyone interested in broadening their skills to make the most of opportunities in this growing area. For those already involved in eligibility assessment, it will outline the implications of the new criteria and strategies for accommodating them efficiently in the assessment process. For those new to the field, the course will provide insight into the eligibility assessment process and prepare you for working in this field.
The course will cover:
- Overview of the current criteria and assessment model
- Study of the updated criteria and its impact on eligibility
- In depth look and the conditions most likely to be encountered under the updated criteria and the types of evidence that assessor can expect to utilise
- Understanding the user groups likely to take advantage of the updated criteria and developing service structures that are fair and accessible for them
- Understanding the important role practitioners will take in developing assessment approaches that can fairly determine eligibility in potentially complex cases
- Approaches to ensure informed decision making where documented evidence is sparse
- Potential constraints, challenges and limitations and how to overcome them
The course will also provide:
- Opportunities for networking, further learning and understanding
- Opportunities for independent working and further involvement
The course will be delivered by a highly experienced senior occupational therapist, Sue Grey, who has worked closely with Access Independent and our Local Authority and third sector partners to develop the tools and approaches need to accommodate the changes to the criteria.
Multiple Q and A’s will be held across the day and time is allotted for learner-directed topics.
A full buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day are included, so please let us know of any special dietary requirements as soon as possible.
If you would like to know more information, please feel free to contact Lindsey Powell or Stephen Naylor on 01223 229091
Cost: £120 for first 10 people, Standard rate £170,
Please note, cancelling a booking requires written notification, we kindly ask that if you must cancel a booking you offer as much notice as possible as places are limited.
Cancelled booking will incur an administration fee of 20% of the total booking fee if made 6 weeks or earlier from the course dates and an administration fee of 60% of the total booking fee if made 2-6 weeks before the course date. We are unable to offer refunds to cancellation made with less than 2 weeks’ notice.
Travel and accommodation expenses cannot be refunded